This fun quiz came from Abbie Lu. Check out her site any book lovers out there. If you wish, take the quiz and link to us!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND SEASON’S GREADINGS!
1) FAVORITE BOOK/S TO READ DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON?
These would be children’s books. Eric A. Kimmel is a fantastic story teller who draws from Jewish folklore and the tradition of Isaac Bashevis Singer. These are three of my favorite holiday books, all of which he wrote.
In Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins, Hershel must spend all eight nights in a synagogue haunted by demons and get the demons to light the Hanukkah lights in order to save Hanukkah. Not a bad parable considering the Jews’ past in Europe.
In When Mindy Saved Hanukkah, Mindy and her family are tiny people (like the Littles). Mindy must climb up the synagogue stairs and find the spare candle to make miniature Hanukkah candles. Only there is a deadly giant cat named Antiochus (after the infamous insane Greek King) waiting to eat her.
The Chanukkah Guest is probably the best of all of these from a story point of view. A hibernating bear wakes up hungry and wanders into the house of a Jewish lady who is expecting a rabbi for dinner for latkes. Since she is blind and doesn’t hear well, she mistakes the bear for the Rabbi and feeds him a gourmet dinner.
2) TELL US YOUR BEST HOLIDAY MEMORY.
Traveling one Christmas vacation to visit my best friend in Neufchatel, Switzerland.
3) FAVORITE FICTIONAL WINTER WONDERLAND?
Either the winter landscape in The Snow Queen or The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
4). SNOW MAN OR SNOW ANGEL?
5) WHAT IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE HOLIDAY MOVIE?
Without question, Gremlins.
6) IF YOU COULD SPEND THE HOLIDAYS ANYWHERE (FICTION OR NON-FICTION,) WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
The Shetland Islands or Prague.
7) WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO MEET UNDER THE MISTLETOE?
Not my thing, but my favorite Mistletoe reference is from Stanley Kubrick’s film Eyes Wide Shut.
8) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOT HOLIDAY DRINK?
Irish Cream or Eggnog…
9) WHAT AUTHOR FROM ANY TIME WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A CUP WITH?
Kafka would probably not be that fun to have coffee with, so PG Wodehouse.
10) WHAT BOOK ARE YOU HOPING YOUR NEXT BOOK GIFT WILL BE?
A book on color theory.