Corey Seeman, Union Station Hotel (Nashville, Tennessee), hotel built 1900

I have a thing for clocks. What memories this hotel must have had.14801165253_a2b03216ba_k

This entry was posted in Art Nouveau, clocks, photography and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Corey Seeman, Union Station Hotel (Nashville, Tennessee), hotel built 1900

The makers of the world we have now passed through these doors in the days past, and we all answer to the same rule of time.

2. kinneret says:

I always agree with you on things I think, but together you and I would be suicidal given the world today.

Our present days have been good to us, and, at my age, they will end soon enough. I often look back at primitive life, scratching just to survive. Deprivation often involved loss of food for days, diseases such as plague, not matters such as lacking goods as valuable as those owned by our neighbors. I say that because I saw those characteristics, and people with abundance went deeply in debt to keep up with others. English history is rife with nobility in such condition.
    This may be relative to the study “Lonely Crowd” referenced earlier, people inner directed and other directed. The fortunate are the inner directed, those with appreciation for things of value, material or not. And they are not blindly follow the crowd people. The evil in history is largely caused by those greedy for everything in the world because their bodies that, rather than containing, to be corny, spiritual richness, are complete, perfect spiritual vacuums.
    King David is a good example of one with a solid foundation, he endured attacks from all around, even from a son whom he loved trying to kill him. Then another son, Solomon, obtained wealth but lost the good heart he once had.

Ok, now to get literary and all that book stuff. Ever read S. J. Perelman? Very funny, I have gotten many laughs from him, he is from a long time ago, if you want me to tell you about him, I gladly will. He wrote for “The New Yorker”, other magazines, and scripts for screen and stage. Much of his humor was irony, which I like. The problem is, it takes the understanding of that game by all in it to work. SJP’s works in that atmosphere were excellent, but he quit for a while, moved to England for a short while, I think, because as outrageous as he tried to get, society’s folly sped past him, so no, matter what he presented, many were unable to perceive it as humor, and, instead, took it as reality. To me, he is still good. He wrote for Marx brothers movies, and he wrote for the movie “Around the World in Eighty Days.” I have had many situations that were so whacky, I just had to laugh.

5. kinneret says:

Well, I guess I should read SJP. I haven’t tended to read comedic writers although I do like watching Wodehouse’s series (all of them). I should know what you are talking about w Solomon losing his good heart. My daughter knows more than I do at this point and has to study Talmud in school.

6. kinneret says:

This may sound crazy but sometimes I wish I were older so that I wouldn’t have to live through more of this demise.

7. Believe it or not I also have a thing for clocks, I would like to believe that time is subjective but the hands tick away