Brian Drury, unsure of title.

Something about this portrait really reminds me of the great portraits of old, of Medieval and Renaissance art. Do you agree, Marblencltr? This is something I would hang in my home. (And since I can’t afford any of this art, I will do my best to make similar).

de3a69a1830243a4cdc295a5d51_prev

This entry was posted in art, Hyperrealism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Brian Drury, unsure of title.

It could find a place in my home. However, most people I know would look at it and then turn to me wondering what went wrong.

Nothing personal, but don’t tell me that is you with red hair as in a previous picture, woman (beautiful) with a pink hat.

Please do not take offense at my remark, I meant it all in a good way. Seriously, you are very attractive and intelligent, but after my more than fifty years of marriage and still going, questions could be asked.

I’m not offended. It’s very nice of you to say. I’m not young anymore. Sometimes it’s hard to remember. I recently almost joined a Young Republicans club and realized I was way too old. Hopefully, in heaven we can all be restored to our body in our favorite age. I think my daughter once asked my husband about this.

Looking more carefully, I do see a close resemblance to Esther.

“Not young anymore,”… so you could be Queen Esther!

Regarding age, I am glad that I am not of a young age as you and your family, the country is not getting better. Talk to the older family members and friends, take lots of pictures and write the names on the back, it is a priceless record.

7. kinneret says:

Right. I’m hoping the country can be turned around but not sure. We’re such a young country but on a fast track spiral downward. However, I plan to have a big party in January after the next election.

I hope you have good cause for celebration, but it seems to me that we are sold out from within, and neither party seems to be helping. We can be presented with three choices for decision, two of which are acceptable, and we choose, well, you know. I made up a saying, “Obama studied the land well, he knows where all the landmines are, then he sends us out to step on them.”
    I don’t know how much of my opinion you would want to take, so I will slow down.

I’m not sure exactly what your opinions are there but I try not to get wildly excited/fanned by political hatreds although I can state very clearly that I never voted for O. There are certain things though that i don’t like about the Republicans including some of the attitudes toward environment and what seems to be a selling out of the US and US workers for international corporations.

Looking at that portrait again, I say, “That is a great work of art! I recall seeing it in the Boston Museum of Fine Art! It was on loan from a wealthy collector.” Tell me I am right!

We probably agree on much, but I don’t want to take you from your subject of art to which I turn as a rest from this crazy, sick world that I know too well. I always enjoyed sports, but the reality of current events easily trumps sports. Again, best wishes in political efforts favored by you. They are all the more important these days for those hoping for victory for Israel. I have been most fortunate to be good friends with some who have a greater concern for that country than most who live there. One is the daughter of a man who worked closely with and was of great help to Ord Wingate.

That’s why I blog only on art, etc. I’m reading Churchill again on WWII and you see a lot of the crazy things happening over and over again, pacifism, denial, self-delusion, political correctness. It was politically correct of those British politicians at the time to restrict French and its own military armament while Germany was clearly becoming pugilistic. I am not sure if I think we have the real end of the world coming but I see a colossal disaster hitting Europe, and I’m not sure what will happen in the US, but the political naivety and apathy of our population is deadly.

Back to Brian Drury’s portrait; I like it very much, it holds interest with many viewings.

The problem today can become much worse than WWII. I don’t know whether you want this on your blog or elsewhere, there is much about which to be concerned. Jews will be used for all they are worth, then get the blame for the results. Has that ever happened before?

13. This is a wonderful painting can you buy it for me?

• marblenecltr says:

I asked my accountant, and she said that we need to save for our days living and dying in the home for the elderly. If I ask her again for money for a painting for another woman, I can go right ahead as long as she her future is paid for. Of course, that will leave me to live under a bridge in a refrigerator carton, so I must decline to enhance the beauty and style of your residence, already the equal of the art collection of the Hermitage. And I want to be able to renew my marriage contract with her for another sixty years.